I Was Going To Stay…Then This Happened

I honestly considered riding out Florence and I’ve waited to make this painful decision until the LAST possible minute.  Here is why I changed my mind.  I’ve been watching this storm since it formed off the coast of Africa.  She’s a beautiful storm and she’s very rare.  I thought that we had jumped the gun a bit on her because I was really hoping that she would have turned north a little more, but she’s not.  As a matter of fact, she’s going to be trapped by a high-pressure ridge and that good people of the Carolinas is why you should run from this storm.

As I told you last time I pay close attention to two models.  Neither model today looks good for any of us on the coast of the Carolinas.  GFS says it’s going to loop and hit us twice.  Take a look…

The Euro model, is impressive as well.  The thing to note about the model is the strength and location of the storm.  Cat 3 or stronger…

I think it’s better to be on the safe side and get out.  Yes, there seems like there could have been some changes that would help us dodge this monster my fellow residents, but that has not happened.  Our worst case scenario is here.  If you can get out, get out.  If you can’t  get out, find adequate shelter.  This is going to cause some major flooding so be ready if you’re going to ride it out.  I wish you all the best of luck.  The kids and I are packing the house now.  I will keep you all updated of the storm progresses, but it will be from a safe zone.  We will see you all on the other side.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *